Come and enjoy our
What's New on our Menu
Did You Know... ?
Sangría, a wine-based drink infused with fruit, spices and often times brandy, gets its name from the Spanish word "sangre" (blood) referring to the dark red color of this delicious concoction. While there is some debate as to where exactly in Spain sangría actually originated, there is no debate that its populaity across Europe dates back hundreds of years.
When the Spaniards came to, what we now know as México in 1521, they brought with them food, drink and cultural nuances from their native Spain.
Sangría gained popularity during the colonial period in México from 1701-1821. Centuries passed and it was in 1964 that the Spanish-born, longtime resident of México, Don Manuel Gómez Cosío, had an epiphany of sorts. Legend has it that while he loved sangría, medical reasons prevented him from consuming alcohol of any kind. It was at that moment that Sangría Señorial was born. Sangría Señorial is a non-alcoholic, sparkling Sangría that has been popular since its creation in México almost 50 years ago where it is still produced today in small batches. Made from select wine grapes, essence of lemon and sweetened with natural sugar, the product is then aged in oak barrels, fermented over time and the alcohol is later removed. It is this elaborate artisanal process that gives Sangría Señoríal its delicious, refreshing, unique flavor.
- We have apple pop (Sidral Mundet) Sidral Mundet was first bottled in 1900 by Don Arturo Mundet, who produced the cider-flavored beverage. Basing Sidral Mundet on the "limonada" or "gaseosa" drinks that were popular in Mexico at the turn of the 20th Century, he utilized the pasteurization technique to keep the drink sterile in the bottling process. The drink has been renowned in Mexico for its nourishing and hydrating abilities and has sometimes been used as a home remedy for stomach aches.
- In Cafe Verde, our food is not spicy. However, you can choose to make it spicier by adding one of our salsas ranging from mild to intense.
- Every morning, we make fresh, handmade, flour tortillas giving you the choice between white and whole wheat.
- We only use sea salt in all our food.
- We get our chili peppers shipped to us directly from Mexico.
- Every morning, we prepare our guacamole with our own mix of flavors and avocados that are fresh and ready to savor.
- All the salsas and dressings are original to our restaurant and are made fresh daily.
- All the recipes were discovered by Julio in both his home and in the restaurant whenever he saw a need for something different.